Welcome Message from IEEE Canada President
On behalf of IEEE Canada, it is my great pleasure to welcome you all to the annual IEEE Canada Power and Energy Conference (EPEC 2022), taking place virtually on December 5-7 2022.
EPEC 2022 is the 22nd annual IEEE Canadian flagship Conference, with topics that include but are not limited to the following:
- AC/DC Power Quality
- Active Distribution Systems
- Climate Change and Impact on Power and Energy Systems
- Cyber Security
- Demand Response
- Digital Transformation of Power and Energy Systems
- Distributed Systems and Energy Resources
- Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Efficiency and Conservation
- Electric Mobility
- Energy Management and Energy-Aware Control
- Electrical Machines & Drivers
- HVDC, FACTS, and High-Power Converters
- Internet-Of-Things in Power and Energy
- Microgrids and Isolated Grids
- Power System Protection and Wide Area Protection
- Power System Stability and Control
- Real-Time Simulation
- Renewable Sources of Energy and Cogeneration
- System Resilience
- Smart Grids
- Transactive Energy and Electricity Markets
- Wireless Power Transmissions
Due to COVID-19 pandemic, this year EPEC2022 will be online. EPEC2022 provides a great opportunity for researchers, students, and Engineers in power area from Canada and around the world to meet online and disseminate their research advancements and discoveries. This conference will also be beneficial for networking and exchanging ideas to strengthen existing partnerships and foster new collaborations.
This year, the EPEC 2022 will feature Industry Panels, Humanitarian Technology Workshop, tutorials, Second Richard Marceau Energy Symposium and Women in Engineering Panel, and technical sessions and Keynotes. EPEC 2022 also featured with Student Poster Competition, which provides good opportunity for the student involvements.
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to all participants, authors, sponsors, exhibitors, and patrons for their contributions to this conference, as well as many thanks to the volunteers of the conference organizing committees. I wish you all a very successful and enjoyable online conference and look forward to meeting you all in person in the future.
Enjoy the conference!
IEEE Canada President, 2022-2023
IEEE Region 7 Director, 2022-2023